What Is The Internet (And What Makes It Work) - December, 1999, By Robert E. Kahn and Vinton G. Cerf
"The authors feel strongly that efforts should be made at top policy levels to define the Internet. It is tempting to view it merely as a collection of networks and computers. However, as indicated earlier, the authors designed the Internet as an architecture that provided for both communications capabilities and information services. Governments are passing legislation pertaining to the Internet without ever specifying to what the law applies and to what it does not apply. In U.S. telecommunications law, distinctions are made between cable, satellite broadcast and common carrier services. These and many other distinctions all blur in the backdrop of the Internet. Should broadcast stations be viewed as Internet Service Providers when their programming is made available in the Internet environment? Is use of cellular telephones considered part of the Internet and if so under what conditions? This area is badly in need of clarification"
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (328)
- ► 2011 (182)
- Select the type of brainstorming you want to perfo...
- Wednesday, workshop at Second Life by Yuna Brunn a...
- Theories of the Information Society, by Frank West...
- ThinkBalm Decision Making Guide Jan 19 2010 FINAL ...
- Peter Gabriel (The power of the heart)
- From web to workplace. Designing Open Hypermedia S...
- Three fundamental elements of visual rhetoric in h...
- What Is The Internet (And What Makes It Work) - De...
- Jack Johnson & Eddie Vedder (Constellations)
- Don Quijote de la Mancha, Miguel de Cervantes
- Learning Agency Network Virtual Office
- Creating Engagement in Virtual Meetings and Distan...
- José Saramago (16 november 1922- 18 june 2010)
- The Marketplace of Ideas, by Louis Menand (2001)
- Moby (Porcelain)
- types of relation with web content
- types of communication
- A (re)Slice of Life Online, Part Five: Creating Ob...
- Yo La Tengo - I'm On My Way @ London Roundhouse 20...
- Qualitative Methods for Management and Communicati...
- Burrell, G., & Morgan, G. Sociological Paradigms a...
- Epilogue to Plato: The Bias of Literacy, by Twyla...
- Duke Special with The Ulster Orchestra (Freewheel)...
- My Brother’s Keeper: Patterns of Norm Violations i...
- Triads, by James A. Kitts and Jun Huang
- Audiovisual Thinking
- learning design
- nothing to hide (yo la tengo)
- The SCImago Journal & Country Rank
- Magazine M 29, by Däniel Vandermissen
- Don´t Panic (Cold Play)
- The dictionary of sustainable management
- Pleymo (ce monde a l'envers)
- ▼ June (35)
- ► 2009 (123)