Communications of the Congress of Cybersociety are available.
Take a look to the communications that our Group of Work , "Metaverses and 3D Environments" have received and evaluated. You will obtain many approachs for researching about virtual worlds and for applying them with different purposes.
Today I want to point out the works submitted by Benny RIGAUX-BRICMONT, Hervet Guillaume, khaoula ellafi and Leila El Kamel.: "Conducting research in Virtual Worlds", Online qualitative research and metaverses
Their works offers one very interesting useful approach towards the application of Virtual Worlds that consist on taking advantage of its social characteristic and the inmmersive feelings that provoke for using them to do qualitative research in order to get insights about the topics we want to study.
The authors, give to us methods and techniques for using Virtual Worlds for doing qualitative research and deal with the problems or special issues that are necessary to consider when we want to obtain opinions, answers, etc, from the persons that in Second Life are into their avatars.
- ► 2014 (75)
- ► 2013 (95)
- ► 2012 (328)
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (404)
- "yellow" and "in my place" (Coldplay), live
- Focus group set up in SL (made by Benny Rigaux-Bri...
- Friday science day (scilands) bridging the gap bet...
- Best Practices for Non-profits in Second Life – Fa...
- McLuhan in Second Life (Phylis Johnson & Lowe Runo...
- Understanding Second Life as an extension of ourse...
- Paralel Virtual Inauguration of the IV Congress of...
- Inauguration of the IV Congress of Cybersociety in...
- using Virtual Worlds for doing Qualitative Researc...
- C. Wright Mills (1916-1962)
- Ervin Goffman (1922 –1982)
- ▼ November (11)