Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What is love? (by Anthony Quinn)



"What Is Love? I don't know You know, when I was a kid I wondered what would love be like When it happened to me I mean would it be the same As loving cherry pie, riding a bike Hey look ma, no hands Snitching a drag on a cigarette It would hardly seem likely So I asked around Hey, what is love?

The answer was always the same You'll know when it happens You know, you know, people say What a beautiful day, I love it Oh, I love that song Peanut brittle gets in my teeth But I love it Oh, I love those shoes I love the Yankees Me, I love ketchup on my french fries Everything is love, love, love, love If everybody knows everything about love

Then how come I can't get an answer to what is love And when I got a little older I also wondered what would The love of my life be called Elsie, Helen, Maggie, Beaulah, Rosie Then I realized it didn't matter Because I would always call her honey So, what is love?

You know, when I first met you I mean, I don't know that I fell in love I'm not even sure that I love you now I only know that with you I'm comfortable, I'm at ease That I can be me, myself You want to know something You're a headache I can put up with Argue with, even fight with But you're also my aspirin 'Cause you're the one I want to make up with I find that I don't mind Seeing in the morning with those watchyamajigs in your hair

I don't even mind at bedtime when you take off that girdle And you yawn and you scratch yourself In fact, I kind of like it It pleases me, I enjoy it Now, if all this means I love you Then I ahh, I guess I ahh, I love you So, if you ask me what is love? I'd say ahh, I think I'd say ahh No, I'd have to say ahh It's you"

Note: lyrics of the recording are from http://www.encyclopedia.com/video/inf5OGxIakE-anthony-quinn-what-is-love.aspx

No comments:

Blog Archive